Skype 5.0 for Mac OSX beta released
Skype 5.0 for Mac beta has been released, bringing the same group chat functionality enjoyed by Skype 5.0 for Windows users for several months to Apple’s Mac OSX.
The beta version of Skype 5.0 for Mac brings a revamped look and feel that simplifies navigation and provides a more native Mac experience for Skype users. For example, the Skype client has been brought together in one window for ease-of-use, and the Mac address book has been integrated, making it possible for you to call, IM and SMS your contacts when they are online or offline.
For business users, Skype’s new group video chat feature is now available in open beta with Skype for Mac 5.0. Group video chat will allow you to make free video conference calls to run virtual face to face meetings with clients or suppliers around the world. Skype’s video group chat feature will remain free during the open beta phase, however Skype may move to charge for the service when the feature is finalised.
The new Skype for Mac also includes the following new features:
· New call control bar Hang up, mute and more from a mini Skype toolbar that sits on top of any web pages, documents or photos you’ve got open.
· Search chat content to easily navigate past conversations
· Offline IM so that you can send and receive instant messages even if the recipient is offline
· Personalise contacts via user profiles
· Quickly rejoin calls due to lapse in Internet connection
· Floating Contacts Monitor to see your online contacts and contact groups
Skype 5.0 for Mac is expected to come out of beta ‘soon’.