Telstra Business Awards nominations open with free business health check
The 2010 Telstra Business Awards open for nominations today with entrants offered a ‘free Business Health Check’ to help identify opportunities to grow and expand.
It’s the 18th year Telstra has run the Awards recognising excellence in small and medium business both nationally and in every state and territory. They offer a combined prize pool of more than $400,000 in cash and prizes, as well as the kudos that comes from taking out Australia’s best-known and most prestigious business prize.
Deena Shiff, Telstra Business Group Managing Director, says 2010 will be a milestone year for the Telstra Business Awards with the added value of the new “Business Health Check”.
“Running a small business can be a lonely job at times with owners usually working long hours often on their own – they don’t readily have the opportunity to get an independent assessment of how they are really travelling,” Ms Shiff said.
The Business Health Check is based on international benchmarking standards including the Global Reporting Index and Innovation Standards, current legislation and accepted industry best practice.
It was developed by Telstra Business in consultation with the NSW Business Chamber which has been using it to coach and develop businesses over the past four years.
For the 2010 Telstra Business Awards, the categories are:
- businessowner Micro-Business Award – For businesses with five employees or fewer.
- MYOB Small Business Award – For businesses with more than five employees, but less than or equal to 20 employees.
- Panasonic Australia Medium Business Award – For businesses with more than 20 employees, but less than or equal to 200 employees.
- AMP Innovation Award – For businesses that have successfully introduced an innovation.
- Sensis Social Responsibility Award - For demonstrated leadership and contribution by a business to the environment, people, education or the community.
Category awards are offered in each state and territory, and an overall state/territory winner is selected from the category winners. Winners of each state/territory category are then eligible to take out the national category, with the overall state/territory winners eligible to win the 2010 Telstra Australian Business of the Year, which will be announced on 20 August.
To nominate for the Telstra Business Awards, go to www.telstrabusinessawards.com