Technology Parks Helping to Grow Small Business
10 Reasons to Start a Business at a Technology Park
- Access to quality infrastructure at a lower cost than individual start-ups. Facilities include offices, meeting rooms, high-speed broadband connection, administration support, car parking, food and beverage outlets.
- Facilities that will expand to accommodate growing businesses.
- Support from park management, via business mentoring and coaching.
- Support from, and potential collaboration with, other park tenants.
- Access to networks via other businesses, educational links and government contacts.
- Established reputation from the ‘technology park’ address.
- Access to education and training programs initiated by the park management.
- Assistance with financing, such as introductions to venture capitalists.
- More efficient, happier employees.
- Access to research facilities and, if close to a university campus, students.
Technology Parks and Incubators
Australian Technology Park: www.atp.com.au
Desert Knowledge Business & Innovation Centre: www.desertknowledge.com.au
Technology Park Adelaide: www.techpark.sa.gov.au
Tasmanian Technopark: www.development.tas.gov.au/technopark