For most business owners, switching accountants is a painful thought. It is definitely one action which is not taken on a whim.
The top reasons people hate switching accountants are:
1. They believe that costs may be substantially different upon moving elsewhere
2. They’re satisfied with the standard given as is
3. Possible delays, loss of files or history of data on transition
4. They don’t know any different – accountants are all the same
5. Awkwardness of ‘sacking’ an accountant when they haven’t really done anything wrong
6. Tax and accountants are boring; why spend more time than required switching and thinking about them?
7. “Better the devil you know than the devil you don’t” as you could be “jumping out of the frying pan into the fire”.